International Quality Standards
How are M&E product inspections performed?
- Merch and Effect performs product inspections services according to:
- Recognized international quality standard for product inspections: ISO 2859-1 (ANSI/ASQC Z1.4-2003), also known as the AQL Tables, unless another standard is requested by the client.
- Client's requirements, specifications, criteria and instructions.
- M&E team's expertise and experience in quality control.
What do we inspect during an inspection?
- The quantity produced (semi-finished, finished and packed)
- The visual appearance (cosmetic check of the mass production)
- The product specifications (size, dimensions, colors)
- The labeling and marking
- The packing and packaging
- All possible functions and possible tests (safety, abuse, printing, etc.)
What quality standards do we use for product inspections?
Based on the sampling size chosen from the AQL tables we carefully ensure to select production samples randomly. We inspect the samples and classify the defects into critical, major and minor defects. We use detailed product checklists for these definitions - our clients are invited to make amendments.
According to the number of defects found for each type and according to the number of defects allowed (figures given by the AQL table), we will advise you to accept or to reject your shipment.
Then it is up to you to make your own decision based on the information and recommendations we have provided to you. We suggest that you discuss the findings with your vendor and the manufacturer and you ask him to pay attention/rework/re-produce/sort out the products.